Aren’t fruity pops the perfect summer treat? Refreshing and delicious, plus since it’s mostly fruit, nothing to feel guilty about (or at least that’s what I tell myself!)
-One package of strawberries
-One bunch of mint
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1/2 cup of water
(I used one cup each of sugar and water and we had a lot of extra syrup)
You’ll also need a pot, a food processor, and pop molds!
Makes 6 pops.
1. Stir together water and sugar in a pot over medium heat. Add mint leaves to your taste. We’re making a mint simple syrup.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Wash and cut strawberries and add to food processor. I used a manual food processor that we have because I wanted it to be a little chunky but you can puree it completely and/or strain it if you want to be smoother. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Juice one lime into the strawberries.
6. Strain the mint leaves out of the syrup and add to strawberry mixture. You can add as little or as much as you want.
7. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and freeze for about 6 hours!
If you have syrup left over, it will keep, sealed, in the refridgerator for about a week. Brian likes to use it for cocktails, especially “mojitos” with rum and tonic water!